Monday, April 15, 2013

Winter Training - Roadkill Cycling - 2013

This winter seemed excessively long after someone decided to swap out February and April and torture us with a cold and rainy month of April.  I spent most of my winter training at Greenline Wheels in Oak Park who is kind enough (only $5 per rider per session) to provide local cycling groups with a space to train, trainers and a very large TV (Thanks Abby and Dave for showing up at 5am!).  The Sufferlandria Videos provided some great interval work for the  members of Roadkill Cycling based in and around Oak Park. Having a central location to meet where all you had to do was show up with your bike was a great motivator for the group.  My goal this winter was to maintain my aerobic base and put in some good interval work to increase my FTP (theoretical power you can maintain for an hour).  Quite a few Roadkillers had the same goal and everyone who participated has shown noticeable power increases.  We did manage to get out on the road more than a few times but mostly layered up.  As you can see, a little snow pack did not deter us.  My cycling critic Rahj'r also said it was a go.



No comments: